Home

Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Day I Finally Told The Honey About My Blog

To say that The Honey is anti-social networking would be an understatement.  That is why I never wanted to tell him about the blog.  It might disturb his inner peace and  his upper GI.

But then the guilt kicked in.

Seriously, I can't think of one successful marriage where the couple keeps things from each other (unless of course you are talking about the minor details like where the last six Oreos went.   This I don't consider a secret.  More misplaced blame on the children as I accidentally tell him they ate them as opposed to the truth where I caved during my typical 2:00pm pantry hide.).

So I decided after a lot of thinking and 1/2 bottle of Tums to tell The Honey that I do, infact, write a blog.  I imagined his reaction to resemble this:

Only with more hair and a blue shirt. 




But boy was I shocked when he told me He Already Knew!!!

What???

I didn't know whether to be relieved or mad.  I mean heck yeah I was glad that his head didn't fly off and hit the microwave, but dang it I thought I was being all incognito about my bloggin'. 

Apparently The Honey googles every member of our family every single day.  He's a conspiracy theorist  precautious guy like that.

So then I started grilling him on when he found out and how he found out and what he thought about my blog and the new name and if he reads it and why he doesn't read it.  And in the middle of all that he just tell me that he figured I would tell him when I was ready.

 Ain't he the greatest?  And I love him.  And he loves me.  And now I feel like a big ol' loser.  Because he was the grown up and acted all cool and I was the wienie that was hiding a blog for absolutely no good reason. 

But I'm over it now.  And now I blog in freedom knowing that The Honey couldn't care less about it.

That's a good thing.

Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment