Home

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

What's in Your Wallet?

Sometimes I find the strangest things in my purse.  That comes with being a mom.


When I was childless I used to find lots of make up, a mirror, breath mints, and money.

These days I find 1/2 eaten chicken nuggets, snot rags, Yoda, chewed gum, sucker sticks, hair bows, and hot wheels cars.


Very rarely do I find pens or money.


But occasionally I find a real treasure.  You see the Yahoos love to doodle and write notes.  And every once in a while some of their masterpieces will find their way into the bottom of my purse.  I love these things.  It gives me such insight into how they see the world. They draw pictures of the whole family or our house or the family on top of the house.  I always hate throwing them away because I know that I'm going to want to look back on them when the Yahoos up and leave me in a few years and I'm sitting in the dark corner of the room rocking back and forth being driven to madness by the deafening silence having hours of free time on my hand and no one to cook for and no one to teach and no shoes to find and no one to take to football practice and piano lessons.  And did I mention the silence?

Oh my, I am so sorry about that.  Sometimes I go off the deep end.

Now, back to me.  Oh, wait.  We never left me.  Anyway.....

So I love finding treasure in my purse.  It's like putting your winter coat on for the first time of the season and finding money or unused gum in the pocket. 

So, I'm interested.  What are some of the strangest things we could find in your purse?  Or, for my more masculine readers - your wallet?

And as a reward for those much coveted comments I am giving away to a random winner my newest favorite guilty pleasure:

These things are manufactured right in Heaven.  They have this flavor out called Pumpkin Spice with Caramel Filling.  Good golly you will have to pull over if you are trying to eat these while you drive.  This is what I look like after I've eaten seven some.


only cuter.  And I usually don't wear my bib when I eat chocolate.

I know women often  have an unhealthy attachment to chocolate, but there is a good reason for it.



So, there you have it.  Give me your best story on unusual finds in your purse and you are registered to win a bag of Ghiradelli Squares (flavor subject to availability).  You have 24 hours.  GO!!

6 comments:

  1. I don't have anything unearthly to divulge, but I have found granola bars, french fries, and used wipes (as tissues, NOT on the bottom-end). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good one Bridge, I often find some of the weirdest things in my purse, such as a caramel apple, a toothbrush, a tiny dinosaur, a bouncy ball, a gameboy game and if I am lucky some really cool tattoos!! :-) Angela Horton

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found: sand, Cheerios, gum wrappers, energy bars, half-eaten suckers, unwrapped and unchewed gum, gift cards with no money loaded on them, energy chews from GNC, and a Milk Bone for the dog. Oh, can't forget the Elmo phone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the best! I have a bad habit of, when changing purses, to simply take out what I want to put into the new one and not dumping the trash out of the old one. Oh and I rotate my purses each season so around the summer of 2003. I change into my pretty summer lime green bag. I asked the ex-husband to bring me something out of my pretty bag and what he returned with was a complete look of horror and in his hand, the positive pregnancy test of the year before! Needless to say, the vasectomy came only weeks after that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing as how I'm a math geek and a sports mom, I can also find some rather creative items in my purse from time to time...full bottles of gatorade, sweaty socks from the game, a cup (not the kind you drink out of...the kid that was too irritating to keep wearing-THANKS JOSH), a graphing calculator, a protractor, half a bag of popcorn, and IF I've been out to eat with my husband, he had probably put all the extra ketchup, butter, jelly, and salt packets from our table in there. Nothing as exciting as Jill's mind you....but worth telling for the chance at free chocolate! Love, Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't say that I find anything super unusual in my purse. There are the typical mommy things that others have mentioned, sucker sticks, gum wrappers, etc., but never half eaten nuggets. Ha, ha!! Are you surprised? I do remember there was a time that I carried around a positive pregnancy test for like weeks. I guess the most unusual thing right now is a little bitty photo album filled with pictures of my kiddos, only I have not added any new pictures in about 5 years. Don't know why I even still have it in there.

    As for the chocolate. Yes, I'm familiar with this kind. Big bags of it at Costco!! I like caramel the test!! UMMMMMMM!!!

    ReplyDelete