Home

Friday, January 6, 2012

Little Middle Turns 6

This is Little Middle.



And today he turns 6.




I don't deserve this child, I'll tell you that right now.


He has the largest, softest heart of anyone I've ever met.


He gets tore up if he thinks for a minute that he has disappointed me.



Like most middle children, he lives in the shadow of his older brother, whom he loves dearly and hopes loves him in return.



He's a protector.  Of everyone really, but mainly of his baby brother.

One year at Christmas when he was setting on Santa's knee and Santa asked him what he wanted for Christmas he answered 'I want my Mom and Dad to get a really nice present."

Yeah, that's the kind of kid he is.  And I don't deserve him.

And now I'm going to confess one of my most shameful moments. Ever.

When I received the news that Little Middle was joining our family, I was not happy.  At all.  In fact, I was pretty angry.  Mainly because during my 20's I was plagued with stupidity and selfishness.  For a good year I threw a fit that I was being inconvenienced with another Yahoo.  I mean I wanted more kids, but I wanted them when I wanted them.  And having 3 kids under 3 wasn't something I was really in the mood for.

But he came and my life changed.  For the better.  For the much better!  And from then on Little Middle has been my most favorite surprise ever!  He taught me that the best gifts God gives arrive when we least expect them. 

And I feel speechless.  No post, no words are sufficient to explain the love I have for this kid.  My heart hurts right now thinking about it.  It reminds me....

And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. 
Ephesians 3:17-19 

I believe God specifically gave me Little Middle at that exact moment, right when I least expected it, so that I could  begin to grasp His love for me. 

So, Happy 6th Birthday, Little Middle!  You are the little man of my dreams.  I love you.








2 comments:

  1. He is so precious, almost as precious as his mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so very precious. Love those big blue eyes....hope he's had a Happy, Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete