Home

Friday, June 28, 2013

The Honey's Last Day At The CIA

Well it's the moment we've all been waiting for.  Well, at least it's the moment THIS family has been waiting for.  You probably couldn't care less.  Regardless....The Honey is retiring from his post at the CIA today.

His new mission, if he chooses to accept it, is to solve the world's problems by day and grow corn and beans by night.  All from the comfort of his 1st floor office in this farm house we call a circus home. 

And I couldn't be prouder of this man. 

Not just for having the courage to take on a new job.  Because lots of men do that.

And not just for turning his heart towards home and believing that his work here stores up eternal investments.  Because some men do that.




One child was so beside himself with emotion that he couldn't compose himself in time for the picture.  And also, don't be hatin' Little Middle's mismatched pajamas.


Nope, the bulk of my pride lies in the fact that he refuses to be a slave to complacency and comfort. 

Complacency and comfort.  Two definite strongholds in my life.  But not The Honey.  The Honey...he's got drive.  I'm sure Kanye had him in mind when he pinned his immortal words:

He got that ambition, baby, look in his eyes
This week he mopping floors next week it's the fries
 
 
Doesn't that sound just like him?
 
This man of mine is so good to get out of his comfort zone and work hard in his pursuit of excellence.  In whatever he does he truly does want to do his best.  From farming to fathering, he settles for nothing less than 110% from himself.  I admire that so much.  Because we are all fairly familiar with my tendency toward mediocrity.  And how as a child I would always request that they hand out 75% awards, because 110% seemed awfully demanding. 
 
I can't tell you what this next season in our lives will look like.  But I'm excited.  Excited for him.  Excited for his kids.  And excited for me.  Because honestly if he is working from home now maybe I can squeeze in a nap twice a week. 
 
We shall see.
 
Well done, Honey, on eight years of hard work, persistence, and excelling at your work.  I can't wait to see what God wants to do through you in the years to come. 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: