Home

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Tight Lipped

I just haven't felt like talking much lately.

Thus the pause in posts.

We have those seasons, I guess.  Seasons where we just sit back and soak everything in.  The beauty of each day.  Things like giggles and the pitter patter of feet, listening to a Dad read a silly book to his Yahoos.  Watching this man-child fence with his father --watching and learning and soaking everything up himself.


 This Christmas season was wonderful for our family.  We spent extra time working together, learning together, loving each other better.  It was good. 

And I treasured these things in my heart.

And now we begin again.

A new year, new challenges, new hopes.

I guess part of my silence recently has been pondering this upcoming year.  I have never been one for resolutions.  Maybe I just don't like the word.  It gets thrown out there too much like the words tolerance and gangum style.  After a while they start to lose their meaning.  But I have to stop letting that be an excuse to not make goals for myself.  I haven't been much of a goal setter either.  I usually just let life happen to me.  I am hoping this year that will change.  That I will be more intentional about life.  So I've been wrestling to decide what challenges and goals I should work on this year.   I'm not sure what those will look like, but I'm excited to see what this year brings about.  For myself, my family.

And the first challenge I have is to throw off one killer Avenger birthday party for one certain 7 year old boy. 

I certainly want to make this day as special to him as he is to me.    I'm looking forward to memories made and fun to be had.  And I'm certain I will have LOTS to say about that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment