Home

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Crazy You've Come to Expect From Me

Well, I'm happy to report that I'm two weeks into to this whole 'waking up early' thing and it's going remarkably well. Divinely well.  Infact, it's almost like I look forward to the early mornings now.

 Coffee brewing and sunrises and silence

These things that I missed before.  Before I would crave the time after the kids went to bed.  The time when I could sit mind numbed in front of a computer screen or tv screen or a mind numbed Honey and unwind from the day.  But now, I crave.  I crave the morning when I can sit and collect my thoughts and give thanks and say prayers.  Read a little.  Prepare. 

The hard part, though?  The hard part is staying up.  By lunchtime I'm ready for a nap.  And by 10 at night I have completely crashed for the day.  But it does seem to be all worth it.  I feel a little more together.  Feel, I tell you.  Not look.  Feel.

Moving on.

So we've had our fair share of crazy stories this week....

It started on Sunday when the Honey left for a painstakingly long short work trip .  Before he left we ate out at a local restaurant that we always vow we will never eat at every time we leave there.  But we ate there.  And we will never eat there again.  Because Ninja and I felt ick all day on Sunday.  We finished eating, said our goodbyes to The Honey and loaded up in the van to go to Nana's to kill some time. 

Travel day is hard on all of us.  Especially when it is a Sunday.  Sundays are for being still and being family.  Not for separations.  But I tried to be sneaky and distract the Yahoos by taking them to Mom's pool.  It didn't work.  They ALL cried the whole ride there.  Well, not all of them.  Baby just kept asking what was wrong with every body.  I on the other hand was a pillar of strength.  I only cried for 15 minutes.

So we did manage to pull ourselves together and begin to swim.  And within the first five minutes Baby decides to run and jump in the pool without a stitch of lifesaving devices on.  For a kid that is no bigger than a peanut he really does sink like a rock.




So much for me not getting my hair wet.  Oh well, at least I did manage to save a life that day. 

So let's take a brief moment to layer the emotions we have going on.  Grief over The Honey leaving, shot nerves over a near death, and the rumblings of food poisoning on the rise.  And so far I've been on my own a total of 2 hours.  I am super excited about what this week has in store.

But we somehow survived Sunday with minimal pouting and no puking.

Monday.  Up by 6, shower, swim lessons, work in the garden, clean house, NAPS!!!!, baseball practice.  Ahh, yes.  Baseball practice.  So the three younger Yahoos and myself are at the playground waaaaaay down at the other end of the ballpark when Baby announces he has to go potty...right now.  I start to gather up our stuff to make the trek back up to the bathrooms but.. too late.  Apparently he too got the food poisoning.  It just showed up a little later than mine and Ninja's.  And in a much messier way.  So as any good Mama does I pack him back to the car, grab my pack of wipes and his extra change of clothes.  I make myself of no reputation as I parade everyone into the bathroom, strip him down and bathe him right there in the sink.  I on the other hand had no change of clothes.  So I tried not to stand too close to anyone after that. 

Tuesday's ulcer moment consisted of Sweet Yahoo praying this prayer:

Dear God - Please let Daddy's meetings go well and help him get to his meetings safetly and please don't let him meet any cute girls.  Amen.

Hmm.

That's....curious.  And wise.  Yes.  I think I will pray that prayer too.

Where's the Tums?

Wednesday.  Up by 6.  Shower, swim lessons, and then all the kids to the sitters because Mama's hitting the big city!!  Watch out!  Sadly I must confess that when The Honey travels I do self soothe by retail therapy.  But a lot of times they are things that add value to the home and make it a haven for my family.  Like flowers and curtains and a cute pair of sandals.   That's good, right?

Right?

Shopping isn't the only reason I had to run to town, though.

 For the past several months me and my band of merry neurologists have been on this wild goose chase to track down why I have been numb on my left side, having some occassional headaches and some other funky symptoms that aren't worth going into.  I have jumped through just about every hoop there is to jump through.  I think the only test they didn't put me through was a prostate exam.

Was that too much?  Sorry.

Wednesday was my judgment day.  The day all of my tests were to be read and the results to be given to me.  I really already had a fairly good idea of what was going on, but it's always nice to hear it out of the professional's own mouth. 

I'm glad to report that I don't have any debilitating disease and that my prostate looks to be just fine. 

***Side note.  I wrote the previous 4 paragraphs Tuesday night before my doctor's appointment because I'm a big fat know it all and think I have everything figured out.  Now that I've actually been to the doctor I'll finish writing what happened.***

First, the doctor's are not worried one bit about my prostate.  Good to know.

Second, I don't have an actual debilitating disease.  But I do have a hole in my heart.  Which  may or may not be causing some of my symptoms.  So it looks like my band of neurologists are passing me off to a band of cardiologists.  Which stinks.  Because I was really hoping that they would say it was stress, I could blame it on the kids,  and they would say I could have a vacation. 

Fail.

And instead of wrapping up months of excrutiating leisurely drives to the big city, I get to keep it up for another month or so. 

On the positive side, Target and I will get to know each other very well. 

Panera, Target and I. 

Gordmans, Panera, Target and I.  OK, I better stop myself. 

Honestly this week seriously needs to end soon because this blog post is entirely too long and I just don't think I can handle any more stories. But The Honey is on his way home shortly and he always makes my world calmer. 

And today.  Today I need some calm.  











1 comment: