Home

Thursday, March 1, 2012

There's a Drug For That

I'm so thankful for that well known phrase 'There's an app for that.' But this week I am even more thankful to hear my frequently sought local health care provider say 'There's a drug for that.'

For the past four weeks our family has been battling the crud. And it has taken it's toll. This week it finally culminated into four different doctors appointments diagnosing us with walking pneumonia, bronchitis, ear infections, and tonsillitis. Not to mention one miserable Baby that is cutting his molars. Needless to say we have been in survival mode.

I'm not a fan of survival mode. Survival mode means a sink full of dirty dishes...mounds of dirty laundry...unwritten lesson plans... barely scraping by.

Survive:  verb:  To remain functional or usable

I sure do hope so.  I hope I am remaining usable during these trying times.  When it seems almost impossible to get anything accomplished it helps me put things into priority of what must  be done.  I hope I am maturing enough to learn that laundry and toilets are not priorities. 

Today we managed to sit together during lunch and read about Jesus walking on the water.  I was able to tell the Yahoos that He still gets in our boats with us today, when we are scared....scared of Him....of what He is doing around and in and through us....He gets in our boat with us and calms our fears.  And if that is all we accomplish today I hope I will count that up as productive.  I hope I will rest in the promise that His Word will never return void, that it will produce a harvest 100 fold.

I am seeing clearly these days that God has a desire to intimately and personally teach me about His grace and how it is sufficient for me in my weakest moments. 

These days I'm feeling very weak. 

Some lessons are easier to learn than others. 

But I'm inviting Jesus into my boat with me.  My frail, battered, shaky boat. And whatever it is that He is doing around...in...through me, I let Him remind me not to be afraid. 

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2 Corinthians 12:9

2 comments:

  1. You are one of the strongest women I know. When I think of a prayer warrior, I think of you. When I think of someone amazingly in tune with what her Lord is doing in her life, I think of you. When I think of a role model for what my Christian walk SHOULD be....I think of you. So do not underestimate how productive you are just by being you....just by being in His will....and just by sharing your thoughts and your heart. Because even on your most "unproductive", shakey, weak days....you are still one fantastically awesome mom, wife, sister, and friend. Love you lots. K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for those words and the truth contained in them. No pity-party; no fake smiles. Just truth.

    Now it's my turn to say to say, "I miss you, friend."

    Char

    ReplyDelete