Home

Monday, November 21, 2011

Viva Las Vegas


 













The Honey and I just got back from Vegas.

It was awesome.  But I don't think it was necessarily the city that made it so great.

We didn't gamble.  We didn't see a show.  I'm not even sure I got to see a hooker.  (Hmm, was that  a little too much?)

*awkward pause*

Moving on....

My life is such these days that it doesn't take a whole lot for me to enjoy some time away.  The only requirements are cable TV, a bed that I am not required to make, and food I do not have to prepare. 

So while The Honey slaved away at a conference, I enjoyed my days doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!!  It was glorious, heavenly, beautiful!

I slept in the first day till 4:00 am.  Uh huh.  Jet lag.  But I didn't waste a minute of my time. I promptly turned on the TV to see all the things I have been missing over the past few years we've gone without cable. It turns out all I have been missing is Law and Order marathons and some really bad Samuel L. Jackson movies. 

Then I decided to take in the sites.  But before I left I tidied up the room for the maid.  ;)

The city IS beautiful.   The buildings, architecture, and creativity is out of this world.  The lights are breathtaking.  And The Bellagio should be the 8th Wonder of the  World.

The only thing I really really  wanted to do, though, was to see the Grand Canyon.  I'm one of those freaks that despises isn't crazy about shopping.  So when The Honey found out that he got off work early on Wednesday we thought that it would work out perfectly for us to drive out there, spend a few hours, and drive back before our flight home.

Fail.

Apparently on the west coast it gets dark around, like, noon.  No lie it was dark by 4:30.  We thought the majesty of the Grand Canyon might be diminished if we were looking at it in the dark.

I kept going back and forth about driving out there during the day while The Honey was working.  But that is a site that I just cannot see for the first time without him.

All that being said I honestly had the most fantastic time.  Having no responsibility for a couple of days is so soothing to this frazzled mind of mine.  It gave me time to have a complete thought, read a complete sentence of a book, and eat a complete meal without being interrupted.

But my favorite part was being with The Honey.  Even after these 11 years, 4 Yahoos, 3 jobs, and 4 moves I still get butterflies being with him. 

Finally, I want to give a big shout out to all the people who helped watch The Yahoos while we were gone.  Knowing that they are in safe hands with people who genuinely enjoy being with them is essential to me enjoying myself on little getaways like this one.  So thank you, thank you, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment