Home

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pardon the Interruption

I have been itching to post again.  But when The Honey gets some time off (which isn't often)  we try to spend as much time together as possible.  And he got time off.  So we decided to take a little weekend hacienda to see the BFF in Alabama.

Let me tell you about these folks.  First, they are simply the greatest family I know.  These people love others like nobody's business.  Case in point:  Us.  If you have known our family for over 5 minutes you are already aware that we can be somewhat  unloveable at times. You know those irritating family members at the reunions who eat too much, talk too loud, laugh with their mouth full of food?  The ones whose kids are disrespectful and aggressive and end up throwing a ball at your kid's head during a game of dodge ball leaving a knot the size of a grapefruit?  Yeah, that's us.   But these characters keep loving on us.  We are family.  I think that testifies to their goodness.

A man of many companions may come to ruin,
   but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
Proverbs 18:24

Second.  They are fun.  The Alabama Yahoos bring me so much joy.  They are passionate about life and squeeze every minute of joy out of it.  My Yahoos love them.  Especially Sweet Yahoo, who cherishes all the girl time she can get while she's there.  It's a beautiful thing.  Equally as fun, but not as beautiful, is the Superbowl that takes place on their front lawn every time we visit.  From the moment we open the van door  the boys have football in hand and are getting in their three point stance.  The game lasts 3 days.  It's brutal.  There are no penalties;  No calls for blocking, illegal motion, or delay of game (Thus the whole game- lasting-3-day thing).  But in the end it makes for happy boys.  Because nothing makes boys (both young and old) happy like wrestling around on the front lawn for the grand prize of a larger ego and bragging rights.


So on our way back home I was planning my post and all the things to share about our incredible time.  Then I realized I left the cord to my camera there.  So I have been waiting for that to get back to me.

I know.   I could have gone out and bought a card reader.   But that costs money and we know how The Honey feels about that.  And I'm in that season of life where I still like to please The Honey.   


So....drum roll......here are the pix from our great great weekend with our great great friends!


Forgive the Alabama hoodie.  I was desperate.
Superbowl 2011
He wouldn't be a true Yahoo if he didn't get a battle scar to brag about.
Trying to block The Honey out so Little Middle Yahoo can score.

No comments:

Post a Comment