Home

Friday, October 14, 2011

Baby Yahoo

This is Baby Yahoo.

















He is a 'Carpe Diem' kind of guy.

He is full throttle ALL. DAY. LONG!

The name Jonas has two different Hebrew meanings:  peaceful dove and destroyer.  Hmmm

These are the things he loves:
  1. Tractors
  2. Dora, Thomas, Curious George, Little Bear
  3. Chocolate
  4. His passy
  5. More tractors

These are the things he does NOT love:
  1. Any time someone messes with the things he loves;)

Jonas turned 2 this summer and he has provided our family lots of entertainment.  Some of the best memories I have of him over the past year have been the times he put my pots in the toilet.....













or the cat in the toilet (didn't have time to snap a picture of that one). 

I love watching as he interacts with his brothers and sister.  Baby Yahoo is SO independent and usually prefers to play alone.  For good reason.  The older yahoos typically sabatoge any plans he might have.  But he is starting to show signs of acclimating to their style of play.  He loves picking up his toy pistol and shooting anyone he can find.  He loves wrestling with his daddy and jumping on the bed with the others.  This summer one of his favorite things was to have one of the kiddos driving him around on the gator.

















I have a love/hate relationship with 2 year old child development.  I mean the way they talk and their little hands patting your face just about makes me burst.  But their constant climbing and moving and climbing and moving sometimes sends me over the edge.

This kid is really picking up the words.  I love how he says 'huh' after you say anything to him, how he calls chicken 'bak bak' and how any type of meat you eat is 'bak bak.'  I love how he finally took to swimming this summer after detesting it last year.  I love how he stands on the step ladder next to me as I do dishes.  I love how when someone is crying he goes over to them and asks 'What's wrong?'  I love how he plays this game where he goes and hides and then runs to find me yelling 'Ma, I home I home!' and wraps his little arms around me.

And when I say little I mean little.  This guy doesn't even hit the growth chart.  He is whopping 23 lbs.  But his small frame is made up for in big attitude and heart;)

I can't tell you how much I love my little man.  My peaceful demolition man.  My baby.

1 comment:

  1. This post literally made me cry! I LOVE this little man too, so very much! And those other yahoos of yours ain't bad either!!

    ReplyDelete