Home

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Insulation





I fell in love with this song the first time I heard it. I encourage you to play it over and over again. Is there a particular verse that resonates with you?

I have a confession. Well, it's probably not so much a confession as an admission because anyone who has known me longer than 5 seconds has picked up on it. Anyway, here it is: I am a little insecure when it comes to how God feels about me. I constantly have to be reminded of His love for me. I'm kind of high maintenance that way. Anybody else struggle with that?

Anyone?

But when the chorus tells me that I'm 'dearly bought' and 'highly esteemed' it helps insulate this fragile heart.

These days I feel like I need lots of insulation.   So much in my life is fragile (emotions, spirit, relationships).   But when I begin feeling overwhelmed, scrambling to secure the precious cargo of hope, joy an peace that seems inevitable to shatter, I am reminded of this:

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.
Isaiah 43:2

Don't you just melt when you read that? Melt right into His arms of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment