Home

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Do Over


Yesterday was just not my day.

I told The Yahoos we were going to have school.

Sighs and grumbles.

I had to give out the dreaded 'write your multiplication tables to 20' discipline. 

Daggers aimed straight at me.

I made Baby take a nap.

Kicking and screaming and whining.


It looked something like this.  Only this was two years ago.  So he is exactly the same size, except his fits are much more intense. 

I made ham sandwiches rather than chicken noodle soup for lunch.  I couldn't find the toy that someone else lost.  The new email address I came up with for myself didn't suit someone's fancy. 

Fail.


Fail.


Fail.

Today, my little world stood up and shook its collective fist at me. 


And what did I do?

Well, I wanted to do a lot of things.

I wanted  to make them watch as I ate all the candy I had pilfered from them and stashed in my super secret hiding place (the bottom of the vegetable box in the fridge.  Shhh.  Don't tell)  while they ate the vegetables.


I wanted  to make a list of all the housework I hate doing and make them do it while I watch Disney Channel.  Just for the spite of it.  Not because I like the Disney Channel.  Except Good Luck Charlie.  I do kind of like it. 


I wanted  to make them kiss each other on the lips while I took a picture and sent it to all their friends.  Because Lord knows they have embarrassed me in front of mine. Over and over again. 

But I didn't.  I managed to have a little self control. 

I did eat some chocolate.  But not in front of them.  I did make them do more chores, but nixed Disney Channel.  And I did make them kiss.  But no pictures.  This time.


Is this my proudest moment? 

No. 

Is it my most shameful?

Regrettably....no. 

But I am happy to report that today was a new day.

A day where I heard a few more thank yous and a few less sighs.  Where tickles replaced screams and hugs replaced punches. 

A day full of do overs.  And I love me a good do over.


















No comments:

Post a Comment