Home

Monday, May 13, 2013

Playing Our Song

My darling Honey.

Today we mark 15 years together.

I think of our marriage as a dance.  All these 15 years.  Me and you.  Dancing.

Somedays it's a graceful waltz.  Other days...the Funky Chicken.

But most days we are somewhere in the middle.  The Beautiful Mess dance that we have perfected so well.

I love being the Ginger to your Fred Astaire.  I love you and your two left feet.  I love you when you don't know the next move so we just hold each other here on our dance floor.  I love you when you glide me sure and strong through these best days of our lives. 

I love the security our ever after story is giving The Yahoos.  I love how you make them grimace when you kiss me in the kitchen.  I love the butterflies I get in my stomach when I hear you pull in the driveway.  I love making you smile when I say something witty or getting to bandage your bloody wounds.  I will never tire taking care of you.

Because I'm thankful.  Thankful for you and your love and these children you've given me. 

You are the best days of my life.

Now, let's turn up the music.  They're playing our song.

Happy Anniversary, Honey. 









No comments:

Post a Comment