Home

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Big Finish

Though not technically done, as in most things in life I am going to go ahead and jump the gun and say.....

It Is Finished!!!


Yesterday I said goodbye to my plywood countertops we had been using since Christmas and finally installed our new ones.

And besides a few minor tweeks we are up and running.

And I am glad.  And thankful.

Tell me what you think.


Before





After


 





Before




 




After




And I'm curious.  What's the first thing you notice in these shots? 
 
A few years ago I might have said the new countertops or the wall color or definitely the floor.  The glorious non-white tile floor. 
 
But not now.
 
Now the first thing I see is love.
 
I see love slathered all over the place. 
 
On the walls that have 5 different colors of paint underneath because I couldn't find the one I liked. 
 
On the countertops that were more expensive but the kind I wanted so he said 'Whatever you want, Baby.' 




And on those floors.  Those back breaking, bloody knuckled, up all night floors.




I tell you I don't deserve this diligent, selfless, determined, sacrificial man.  And he doesn't deserve the nagging, fickle, moody, ditzy wife that he has.  But we are sure made for each other.  And I'm glad when we get to the end of our days and look back over our life we will be able to see love slathered all over it.

 



 

3 comments:

  1. I love it! Are you adding an island? I just noticed the lights and wondered what else you had to do. But I love the before an after pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paige - Yes, we are! David is still putting the finishing touches on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!!! The first thing I saw was actually something that I didn't see. The bar! Then after you mentioned love, I saw it too! In the before pics, I saw the yellow wall color, the white tile, the bar, all things that served us so well in the past! In the new pics, I see memories waiting to happen! Here's hoping that my kiddos are not the ones to first get something on those pretty, fresh walls! Ha, ha!!

    ReplyDelete