Home

Friday, October 19, 2012

Hodgepodge

Great day in the morning!  It has been ages since I last wrote.  Okay, it is more like 3 weeks.  Still, haven't you been on the edge of your seat?

Since Sweet Yahoo's birthday we have been busy making memories.  Good things like jumping in leaves and carving pumpkins and enjoying our first hot chocolate of the year. 

I also managed to squeeze in a field trip. 

Being able to write that sentence makes me feel like a superwoman. 

Because I don't do field trips. 

I stink at taking the initiative to get things done, I am anti-creative in coming up with interesting trips, and even if I get one planned I do not follow through well at things.  Especially things that require me, 4 kids, and a long car trip. 

But on those few instances when I do overcome my weaknesses and actually take one it is so well worth it.

This lastest one was a trip to Perryville Battlefield.  In all my years I have never been there.  But seeing that some of my bunch are such history buffs and also semi-obsessed with all things militia, I thought this would be the perfect trip for them.

All around the country different battlefields are celebrating the 150th anniversary of some of the battles of the Civil War.  Perryville was no different.  We got to watch a reenactment of the battle, see some living history of how people lived during that time, and to top it all off we got to hear Abraham Lincoln speak.  Not the real one, of course, but close.


Here's a few shots of the day.



















A big shout out to my Mama who went with us.  She is such a helper!  The Honey was in Seattle during this time so I was going to have to single mom this trip.  But thankfully The Mom stepped up. I couldn't have done it without her.  Well, I might could have but I think I would have been much grumpier and felt more like Joker Phillips after the Western game when the day was done.


And then this weekend  The Mom, Sister and I got to take a long weekend to visit Savannah.  It was a great trip!  Savannah is a city rich in history and beauty.  We shopped and ate and shopped and ate.  And then I got to watch American Pickers and HGTV all night.  Nothing better than that! 




In front of The Lady and Sons Restaurant.  MMMM!







Mom always on the prowl for a mailbox.  She believed they were the architectural backbone to the city.

 


I got back last night and jumped in full force into the schedule for the week.  School catch up.  Then this afternoon we got to celebrate my Granny's birthday. 

She is 85 years young.  And she is beautiful and wise and funny.  I love her so much.  She is always looking on the bright side and always finds the humor in things.  She loves children.  Even mine.  She loves farming and working and a good piece of chocolate.  And she is strong.  So much stronger than she thinks she is.  She lost the love of her life almost 2 years ago. 

Mission Impossible:  Continuing to breathe and eat and live and be without the one who holds your heart there living with you.

 But she has.  She has continued on.  Living gracefully. 


So a very very happy birthday to My Sweet Granny!





I would also like to make side note about this picture.  The smallest child here is NOT the youngest.  His cousin to the left is around 3 months younger than him.  But my Baby sure is a looker, though.  Barefoot and all.  Don't you think?

Finally, I would be a terrible fool to not mention the last post on my blog.  If you have not gotten a chance to read it and you would like to get a glimpse into how absolutely wonderful The Honey is you should take a peak.  I would like to say after reading it (as if I didn't already know before) that he is too good for me.   And this love story of ours is sure to be legendary.....at least in my book.  So thank you, Dear Honey.  I love you to the moon and back.









No comments:

Post a Comment