Home

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sweet Yahoo Turns 8

This is Sweet Yahoo.




And today she turns 8.

She is so beautiful.

Inside and out.







She makes me laugh and cry all in the same breath. 







She is the kindest sweetest person I have ever met.  EVER.

And I want to be just like her when I grow up.







The thought of anything ever breaking her heart breaks mine.







I remember the morning she was born.  The Honey and I driving to the hospital, butterflies doing their dance in our stomachs.  The moon standing at attention all full face and beaming with curiousity at this marvel that was to enter our world. This Sunday's Child came into the world bright and early one morning as the sun rose to greet her and the birds started singing her a song.  And who cares what the weather was outside because her arrival brought all the light and the warmth needed to fill the room.






And since that wonderful fall morning not a day goes by that I am not amazed at the grace upon grace that was given to me when I received her as my daughter.  My girl.  My only baby girl.





And now I have a confession to make.

When this beauty queen was around 2 years old she would cry.  She would cry alot.  She was scared of everyone and everything and she just wanted me to hold her.  And me, being the foolish woman that I was, tried to toughen her up.  Tried to make her not need me.  What was I thinking?  Me and my tough love.  I wish I had held her more and let her cry it out less.  More comforting.  More grace.

Yes, because I know now that we only have this short moment to hold on to them.  And I don't want to miss another chance to hug and encourage, to kiss and calm those fears. 

Today I use a new kind of tough love on you, Sweet Yahoo.  The kind of love that is tough for me but more grace to you.  No matter the cost, the inconvience, the hurt.  I want you to know that even as deep as my love is for you, there is One that has faced every fear for you. 

I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears
Psalm 34:4
 
 
 
And though at times you might have no one here to turn to, you are never alone.
 
 
Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you
Deuteronomy 31:6
 
And that whatever may come, you can trust in the One who holds your heart.
 
 
All the paths of the Lord are steadfast love and faithfulness,
for those who keep his covenant and his testimonies.
Psalm 25:10
 
 


To that end I keep working, Baby Girl.  I know I will fail.  Everyday I will fail.  But when it is all over the only thing I hope to accomplish for you is to teach you to keep running to Jesus with those fears.  And with your joys.  And your hurts.  With everything.  Just keep running.  He will always hold on to you.
 
So Happy Happy Birthday, Sweet Yahoo.  You are my crowning joy and the apple of my eye.  You make me feel like it's my  birthday every day of the year getting to be your mama.  I love you!





















 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment