Home

Monday, February 13, 2012

How 9 Year Old Boys Celebrate Their Birthday

Some time ago The Honey and I decided to stop having 'birthday parties' for the kids. Instead we kept it in house, allowing the birthday boy or girl their choice of what we ate and a special thing we could do as a family. We've done things like taking them bowling, to the Horse Park, and swimming at Nana's. But this year we caved opened ourselves up to bringing a few of Ninja's best buds along to celebrate his 9 spectacular years with us.

So, you may ask, what does a nine year old boy choose for his perfect birthday? Well, first you start with this motley crew:




Although to be honest Ninja would probably prefer to drop 3 of these rug rats. We've hit the 'I'm too cool to be associated with my siblings' phase. I'm sure it will pass....in 20 30 40 years.


We took this crew to a bounce house to expend some energy.  It worked. They had the best time.













These two took a short break to come tattle on the other boys. 





Next...to refuel. And my boy chose the fine cuisine of.....Taco Bell.

Ugh.

I managed to swallow it down. He managed to eat 4 soft tacos. His friends and siblings and father added another 8 tacos, a quesadilla and  7 kazillion cinnamon twists. Needless to say I made the boys ride home in the truck with The Honey.

We made it home just in time to chow down on a little pie.  Peanut butter and Derby to be precise.  They were scrumptious if I do say so myself.








Have I mentioned Ninja is a little intense?

And no party would be complete for this 9 year old without the gifts.  Because that is what this 9 year old lives for.

Stuff.

I'll add that to the character development we need to work on. 

And as if there wasn't enough testosterone going on around here, The Honey said that Ninja had to arm wrestle for the gift we got him.





At this point The Honey began to worry a little that he might lose, so he distracted Ninja by pulling out a new DSI game.





Little Middle having a somewhat hard time with Ninja getting all the attention.




All in all I think it was pretty successful.




I love you, Ninja!  I had the best time celebrating with you.  I hope this was a day you will never forget.  

1 comment:

  1. Love all the pics! Your family is so adorable and so fun! I really like this idea of family birthdays (with a few friends) instead of a big party. I might steal this one of these days!

    ReplyDelete