Home

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Catch Up

It feels good to be back in the ol' bloggin chair. Life has been busy and I've been trying to enjoy that busyness....or at least keep up with it.

Let me feel in the missing parts of the past few weeks.

#1.  A visit with my sweet friend and her beautiful baby (and hubby).

My dear friend (which we will call Lizzy) and her baby E came for a visit a few weekends ago.  We had the best time.  I loved getting to catch up on the details of her life as a new mama.  It made me miss those days of figuring out the baby's schedules and watching them tackle monumental milestones like rolling over and getting that first tooth.  The Yahoos enjoyed the visit too. Especially Baby.  He seemed to enjoy having someone smaller than him around.



The Honey and I also enjoyed double dating with Lizzy and her husband.  We had a great time.  I just wished we lived closer.  Did I mention that Lizzy was my college roommate?  Now you have a much better understanding of how patient....and kind....and scarred this lady is.


#2.  Our last Will and Testament.  Done.

Ninja inspired The Honey and I to check this off our bucket list.  ;)  OK, not really.  We had been working on this for a while and like any nosy curious boy, Ninja follows us around all day listening to our conversations, so he was tuned in to how that whole things works.  Anyway, we took all four Yahoos with us the other day.  I wouldn't say that it is so much a highlight of the last few weeks but more of a 'I crossed something off my to-do list' thing.

Have any of you guys done this?  Gotten your will ready?  It was a little nauseating.  I mean, I AM NOT afraid of dying.  In fact, some might be concerned that I look forward to it too  much.  But it's just like any trip you take.  The packing and planning for it is more of a headache than  you would like.  To feeding tube or not to feeding tube? Discussing what should happen to your stuff if The Honey remarries after you.  I assured My  Honey that would not be an issue with me.  Marriage is too hard and I am too old to try this thing over again.  Sorry to disappoint all you single fellas out there.  ;)

But it's done and I feel....good about it?  As good as someone can feel about their will, I guess.

#3.  A little alone/BFF time.

I was so so so fortunate to have The Honey and family help out with The Yahoos so that I could sneak away to Alabama for the weekend.  I am privileged to be an honorary member of their homeschool group where once a year the ladies getaway and do a little R&R.  So we gorged on chocolate, watched movies, and dug a a little into The Word.  It was fun.  But the best part was getting to have a full conversation with The BFF.  She's so wonderful.  Most of our conversations are intermittent between fussing at the kids and doing laundry.  So I loved getting to have a start to finish heart to heart with her.  Too bad they live in the wrong state.  ;)

Me.  Only cuter.  And less pathetic.
#4.  Epidemic

We are currently under quarantine for a horrific case of chest cold.  It has left it's mark on all of us resulting in bronchitis, ear infections and pink eye.  I am honestly sick of it.   I have been hacking for 3 weeks.  And I don't have that cute little meek cough that some ladies have.  My cough is big and ugly and sounds like a vacuum hose clogged up.  I am certainly hoping we get cleared up soon because......

#5.  The friends are coming!  The friends are coming!

How sad is it that my kids' best buds live 6 hours away?  But they do and so we so cherish and anticipate any visits we get to have with them.  And so this weekend we are blessed to have them for a few days.  I. Can't.  Wait.  The kids love being together.  Sweet Yahoo enjoys all the girl time she gets with The BFF's 4 daughters.  And my boys always love having someone else join in the ranks as they parachute jump off the barn.  So needless to say we are gearing up for a few days of fun fun fun!  It makes me appreciate the Duggars when I spend a few days keeping house and cooking for 13 people.  Appreciate, mind you, not imitate.



Well, there you have it.  The craziness that is my life.  My wonderful, fun, blessed life.  Now off to administer albuterol and cook a lasagna for 25!



2 comments:

  1. Wow! That makes me tired! How do you do it! I can't believe I ever had that energy but I guess I did since I had 4 too. Appreciate you and your family. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed your blog.....glad you are back. Glad you had time to get away for a few days and that you had some time to visit with friends. Love you. K.

    ReplyDelete