Home

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Dear Facebook: It's Not You, It's Me

It's been a long time coming, but Facebook and I are through.

At least for now.

There are a number of reasons I am quitting social media.  But namely it is because I need less distractions in my life.  And I let FB be a distraction for me.

And as ridiculous as it sounds I will miss FB.  Being a mom that works from home leaves me feeling a little isolated at times.  FB gives me a break from reality and a glimpse of what life on the outside looks like.  So in case I miss life changing news like Pioneer Woman is going to stop cooking or there is a lifetime supply of Reese Cup giveaway, please, for the love of all things holy and chocolate.....call me!

But in case the 3 of you who read this blog are beginning to panic that you won't get to have your usual irregular installments of crazy Yahoo stories, rest assured I will continue to blog.  Because I don't consider my blog social media, but rather a scrapbook of sorts.  At least that's how I justify it;)  But if you want to keep up to date with us, please subscribe to the blog.  All you have to do is have it sent to your email inbox. If you (meaning, Mom) need help with that let me know and I'll walk you through it.

And because I'm curious....is anyone else out there working on making in changes in their lives this year?

Happy New Facebook Free New Year to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment