Home

Monday, September 9, 2013

The Ol' Ballgame

We surprised the kids with a trip to their first MLB game Saturday.





We had The.Best.Time!  Everybody got a little bit of something they liked.  The Honey, 2 big boy Yahoos, and I enjoyed the game.  Sweet Yahoo enjoyed a snow cone.  And Baby enjoyed 4 hours of ipad games.  (Thank you, Apple, for your incredibly expensive, ingenious products that keep parents sane and children mind numbed for uncanny periods of time.  I promise to buy stock in you when I am rich and famous.)



Besides enjoying the atmosphere of a beautiful sunny day at the park with 40,000 other loyal Reds fans, it was Joe Morgan Weekend.

We got to see Morgan, Bench, Rose, Perez, Geronimo, Foster, Griffey, and Concepcion.  The Great Eight!  No lie, it brought tears to my eyes.  And I never even got to see these guys play.  But just the history and legacy of great ballplayers all on one field.  It was really awesome.  My kids didn't understand it, but they appreciated it.  Which is all I could hope for.






Morgan throwing the first pitch to Bench.  All the other guys took their place on the field as well.  Awesome!


And then, on top of that the Reds pulled out the win in the 10th!  Hua!


AND THEN....on top of that.....we left the park and got to eat Steak n' Shake. Holla!


Ball, burgers, and a brownie sundae.  That, my friends, makes for the most excellent day!






No comments:

Post a Comment